- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 Tbsp active dry yeast
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 3–3 1/2 cups flour , plus more for rolling
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp parsley flakes
- 1 1/2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- In a bowl, mix the water, yeast and sugar until just combined. Cover with saran wrap and let sit for 5 minutes, or until foamy.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine 1 cup flour and salt. Add in yeast mixture and olive oil and knead with a dough hook.
- Add 1/2 cup flour at a time until the dough is smooth, but not sticky. Cover the bowl with saran wrap and allow the dough to rise for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly flour the counter or a breadboard and roll out into a rectangle. Use a pizza cutter to cut into 16 pieces. Leave long or twist the ends and then place the breadsticks on baking sheets.
- Melt the 4 Tbsp of butter and stir in garlic powder, Italian seasoning, parsley flakes and Parmesan cheese. Brush over the tops of the breadsticks.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the bottom of the breadsticks are lightly browned. Brush any leftover butter over the top when they come out of the oven. Makes 16 breadsticks.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Breads
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American