- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt, or to taste
- pepper, or to taste
- 1 (10 oz) can of mild Ro*Tel diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1/4 cup of blue cheese crumbles
- 4 whole pita breads
- In a skillet, brown the ground beef with the red pepper and onions until the beef is fully cooked, the onions become translucent, and the peppers are softened. Season with the salt and pepper.
- Add the Ro*Tel tomatoes and peppers and combine and heat through.
- In a bowl, mix together the sour cream and blue cheese.
- Dampen a few paper towels with water and wrap the pita bread in them. Put them in the microwave, and warm them up till they become easily pliable.
- For each pita, fill with about 1/4 of the ground beef mixture. Top with some of the blue cream sour cream. Makes 4 pitas.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Beef
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Greek