- oil (I use canola oil)
- 2 (16.3 oz) pkg Pillsbury Grands Flaky Layer Biscuits
- 1 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 3/4 cups milk
- 1 (3.4 oz) pkg french vanilla instant dry pudding mix
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Heat oil in a dutch oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook a could of biscuits in the hot oil until both sides are golden brown. Cook about 1-2 1/2 minutes per side. Place on a plate lined with paper towels until drained. Continue until all the biscuits are cooked. Allow to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, place whipping cream, milk, and pudding mix. Beat with a hand mixer for 2 minutes and the refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Use the handle of a wooden spoon or a chopstick to poke a hole in the cooked biscuits to made a cavity for the filling to go.
- Pipe filling into the cavity and then coat donut in the powdered sugar. These don’t keep well, so only fill and coat as many as you decide to eat at a time. Store filling in fridge and cook biscuits in a airtight container. Makes 16 donuts.