- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 1/2 cups half and half
- 1 (24 oz) jar marinara sauce
- 1 (14.5 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a stock pot, melt butter. Add in the flour and whisk to combine. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the mixture turns golden.
- Slowly add in the chicken broth, while whisking. Cook while stirring until thickened.
- Add in the half and half and whisk to combine. Bring to a simmer and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the marinara sauce, tomato puree, basil, and parsesan. Cook until heated through and cheese has melted. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serves 6-8.