- 2 eggs + 1 egg white
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- Hot sauce to taste
- Pinch of kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup flour
- 8 whole roasted green chiles (char and seeds removed) or 2 (7 oz) cans whole green chiles
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese or Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup salsa verde
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl, the eggs, milk, hot sauce, salt, pepper and flour until combined.
- Lay enough of the chiles flat to cover the bottom of an 8×8 casserole dish.
- Combine the cheese together and add a 1/3 of the cheese on top of the chiles. Repeat the layer of chiles and cheese then pour the egg mixture over the top.
- Top with the green salsa and the remaining cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly and the top is golden brown. Serves 4-6.