- 3 cups or 1 (13 oz) bag fresh cheese tortellini
- 1 (24 oz) jar of marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease an 11 x 7-inch baking pan.
- In a pot of boiling water, cook tortellini for 3 minutes. You don’t want it fully cooked because it will cook more in the oven. Drain and place in a bowl. Toss with 1 tablespoons of butter to prevent sticking.
- Combine the the marinara, cream, and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Then add to the pasta and gently toss until coated. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Place the tortellini into the greased baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and mozzarella. Then bake uncovered for 25 minutes at 350 degrees or until lightly browned.