- 12 corn tortillas, warmed
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and diced (or 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small pan, place the diced onion and canola oil. Cook over medium heat until the onions are tender and translucent.
- Mix in the chicken and taco seasoning. Remove from heat and allow to cool to the touch. Mix in the shredded cheese.
- Place about 3 Tbsp of meat in the center of the tortilla across the tortilla.
- Fold the tortilla in half over the meat, then roll tightly.
- Repeat with all 12 tortillas.
- Place taquitos on a baking sheet and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes at 425 degrees, or until lightly browned. Serves 6.
- Category: chicken
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Mexican