- 1 3/4 cup whole milk, divided
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 of a 14 oz can of dulce de leche (found in the Latin isle)
- 1/8 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 – 1 – cup chopped toasted pecans
- Bring 3/4 cup of milk, half & half, ans cream just to a boil in a saucepan over moderate heat, then remove from heat and whisk in dulce de leche until dissolved. Whisk in vanilla and transfer to a metal bowl. Chill mixture. I put mine in the in the fridge for a couple of hours or you can quick-chill by putting bowl or pot in a larger bowl of ice and cold water and stirring occasionally until cold, 15 to 20 minutes.
- When chilled, add the mixture to your ice cream canister and mix in remaining 1 cup of milk. Freeze according to ice cream makers directions. Then transfer ice cream to an airtight container and put in freezer to harden, at least 1 hour.
- Drizzle with remaining 1/2 can of Dulce de Leche warmed or chocolate ganache (recipe below) and sprinkle with pecans. Makes approx 1 1/2 qts.