- Cupcake –
- 1 pkg white or french vanilla cake mix
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (13.4 oz) can of Dulce de Leche (I used Netle La Lechera)
- Frosting –
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 (8 oz) pkgs of cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, oil, eggs, pumpkin, nutmeg, cinnamon, and milk. Blend with a hand mixer for 2 minutes until well blended.
- Line 24 muffin cup and fill each cup 2/3 full. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. Let cupcakes cool.
- When the cupcakes are cooled, using an apple corer or knife, cut out a 3/4 inch round plug from the center of each cupcake creating a pocket in each cupcake. Reserve the plugs in a bowl, you’ll need them.
- Place dulce de leche in a ziploc freezer bag. Snip of a corner of the bag with scissors and pipe it into the pockets, filling the pockets of each cupcake.
- Take the cake plugs you reserved and place the plug on top of each pocket to seal it off.
- In a large bowl, beat the cup of whipping cream with a hand mixer until firm peaks form.
- In another large bowl, beat the cheese, sugar and vanilla together with a hand mixer until smooth and fluffy.
- Now add the whipped cream to the cheese mixture and quickly beat together just until combined. Do not over beat.
- Pipe frosting on top of cupcakes. Store cupcakes in fridge.