- 5 cups fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Vanilla ice cream, to serve
- Add strawberries and 1/4 cup sugar to a sauce pan. Stir to combine and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat strawberry mixture over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch and water together, then pour into the strawberry mixture. Stir until it comes to a boil again and then remove from heat.
- In another bowl, combine the brown sugar, oats, flour and salt. Then cut the butter into the mixture until crumbly. Mix in the pecans.
- In a 9 inch skillet or pie pan, sprinkle in half the mixture. Top with the strawberry mixture then sprinkle with the remaining oat mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes until golden. Allow to cool for 10 minutes and then serve with ice cream. Serves 8.