- 1–1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips (I use regular sized)
- 1–1/3 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil (I use canola)
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients.
- In a small bowl, combine bananas, oil and egg; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full (mine are usually completely full). Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Yield: 1 dozen.