- 1 white cake mix (plus ingredient to make the cake mix)
- 2 (8 oz) pkgs of cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 (12 oz) container of cool whip
- fruit topping *** see not below for options
- Mix cake mix according to the package. Spray the bottom on a jelly roll pan ( 13 x 18) . Pour batter into pan and spread evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Let cool completely.
- With a mixer, blend cream cheese and powdered sugar together. Add cool whip and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Spread mixture on top of cooled cake.
- Cut into pieces and serve with fruit topping.
Options for fruit topping
canned pie filling
danish dessert prepared according to fruit sauce directions with fresh fruit mix in
Macerated strawberries (see directions below)
any berry sauce recipe you like (I have a few on my site)
or raspberry (blackberries would work too) sauce (see directions below)
To macerate the strawberries, place hulled and sliced berries in a bowl and sprinkle with granulated white sugar about 2 tablespoons per pint. Let the berries and sugar macerate at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
For the raspberry sauce you need 2-3 pkgs of frozen raspberries (the kind in heavy syrup is what I have used, but ). In a sauce pan, mix berries with 1/2 cup sugar and enough cornstarch (like 1 Tbp cornstarch) to thicken sauce to desired consistency. Heat until sauce is just bubbly and thickened. Let cool.