- 1 turkey carcass, all meat removed
- 9 cups water
- 1 onion, halved
- 8 baby carrots or 1 carrot cut in half
- 1 whole stalk celery
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tsp. of chicken or turkey Better Than Bouillon or 2 chicken bouillon cubes
For the soup:
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and minced or equal amount baby carrots
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 1 (16 oz) pkg, Grandma’s Fresh Frozen Homemade Style wide egg noodles or 8 oz. of uncooked pasta
- 2 cups shredded or cubed turkey
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh parsley, optional
1. To make the broth: Place all ingredients in a large stock pot except for bouillon. Bring to a boil and simmer for 1 1/2 hours. Remove turkey carcass from pot and discard. Strain both with a colander into another stock pot. Discard remains in colander. Mix in bouillon into broth until dissolved.
2. Make the Soup: In stock pot the broth cooked in, melt butter. Add minced onion, carrot, and celery. Cook over medium heat until onions are translucent.
3. Add onion mixture to stock pot and bring to a boil. Thaw noodles according to pkg directions. Add pasta and boil for time required on package. Add turkey and simmer for a couple minutes just to warm turkey. Ladle into bowls and top each serving with a little fresh parsley if desired. If any soup is left over, it will thicken up after refrigeration. Just add a little water when reheating to thin it back down.