- For the crunchy coating:
- 3 cups cornflakes
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- Egg Mixture:
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup half and half
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- For the french toast:
- 4–5 (1 inch) thick slices of bread like Texas toast
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Syrup or jam, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a gallon sized zioloc bag, add the cornflakes for the crunchy coating. Seal and lightly crush with your hands (or a rolling pin) into coarse pieces. Add in the brown sugar and cinnamon to the bag and shake until combined. Add in the melted butter and mix until evenly combined. Pour the cornflake mixture into a shallow dish and set aside.
- For the egg mixture, add the eggs, half and half, and vanilla. Whisk together until well combined and set aside.
- For the French Toast, cut each slice of bread into thirds. Quickly dip each piece of bread into the egg mixture on both sides (don’t over soak or the bread will fall apart).
- Immediately place the dipped bread into the coasting mixture, turning to coat all sides and gently pressing the cornflakes into the bread pieces. Place French the sticks on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes until the cornflakes are golden and the French toast is baked through.
- Serve warm with a dusting of powdered sugar along with syrup and/or jam. Serves 4-5.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American