- 2–3 lb pork loin roast
- poultry seasoning
- For the gravy: (for my family we double this amount to serve this with mashed potatoes)
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 2 cups liquid (juices from the slow cooker and/or chicken broth)
- browning sauce (if desired)
- Sprinkle roast with desired amount of salt and pepper. Be sure to get all the sides.
- Liberally sprinkle with poultry seasoning. Place roast in the slow cooker.
- Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of water around the roast.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Add 2 cups of liquid to the roux. I use whatever juices are in the slow cooker and add enough chicken broth to equals 2 cups. Bring the mixture to a simmer for about 5-7 minutes or until thickened. Add a little browning sauce if desired. I prefer to use it.
- At this point, I still like my gravy thicker so I made a slurry of flour and water. Use 2 tablespoons of flour per 1 cup of liquid. Use a whisk until combine. I like to put mine in a Blender bottle and shake to combine. Then I drizzle the mixture into the gravy while whisking. Until I reach the desired consistency for my gravy. If you worry about lumps in the slurry your can pour it through a fine-mesh sieve to strain out any lumps of flour.
- Season the gravy with salt and pepper to your liking and serve with the pork roast.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Category: Pork
- Method: Sow Cooker
- Cuisine: American