- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (About 4 pieces)
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 –1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, depending on how much heat you want
- 1/2 cup cashews
- diced green onion, optional garnish
- cooked rice to serve over
- In a bowl, combine flour and pepper. Toss chicken to coat in flour mixture.
- Add the oil to skillet heated over medium to medium-high heat. Add chicken to skillet and cook until browned on each side.
- Place browned chicken in slow cooker.
- In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, sugar, garlic, ginger, and pepper flakes; pour over chicken.
- Cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours. Before serving add cashews and stir. I also like to top each serving with a few extra cashews and diced green onion.
- Serve over rice. Makes 4-6 servings.