- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp corn syrup
- 1 loaf of Texas toast (thick sliced bread) or a loaf of french bread slice into 1 inch slices
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups half and half cream
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a small saucepan melt butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup over medium heat until smooth, stirring occasionally.
- Pour mixture into large, greased jelly roll pan (cookie sheet) Spread to cover completely.
- Place 12 slices Texas toast bread in a single layer to cover pan. mix together eggs, cream, salt, and vanilla. Spoon mixture over each piece of bread.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. remove from the pan and serve. If not serving immediately, turn each slice over( this will prevent bread from sticking to the bottom of the pan.) Serves 6.