- 2 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 tsp instant yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups of desired toppings
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp water
- Johnny’s garlic bread seasoning
- pizza sauce ofr dipping
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the flour, salt and yeast. Mix together with the paddle attachment.
- Add in the water and olive oil and mix for 4 minutes on medium speed. Switch to the dough hook. Mix inutil the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl. Add additional flour if needed.
- Knead with dough hook for 7 minutes until smooth and elastic. Place dough in lightly oiled bowl and turn to grease top. Cover; let rise until dough doubles in size.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface. Punch down to remove air bubbles and divide into 6 pieces. Shape each piece into a balls. Let dough rest 10 minutes.
- Roll each piece into an 8-inch circle. Place 1/3 cup cheese and 1/3 cup toppings on 1/2 of each circle. Fold other half of dough over each and seal seams. Place on a baking sheet.
- In a bowl whisk egg and flour together. Brush egg wash over the top of each calzone and sprinkle with Johnny’s Garlic Bread Seasoning. Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes until golden and cooked. Serve with pizza sauce. Makes 6 calzones.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Italian