- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp oil (I used olive oil)
- 2 cans (15 1/2 oz each) Great Northern Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz) chicken broth
- 2 cans (4 oz each) chopped green chilies (According to Melanie if you like less kick, add just one can. I only used one can and it was perfect for us.)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- In a large saucepan, saute chicken, onion and garlic powder in oil until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add beans, broth, chilies and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream and cream. Garnish with fresh cilantro, if desired. Serve immediately. Melanie said this is especially good served with tortilla chips. Makes about 5 servings.