- 4 cups chicken or turkey broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 (4.3 oz) pkg Rice-a-Roni Long Grain and Wild Rice
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups cooked and shredded turkey or chicken
- In a slow cooker, add the broth, water, rice mix along with seasonings from seasoning packet, carrots, and celery. Stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- When soup is almost ready, melt the butter in a sauce pan. Add the flour, salt, and pepper, to the butter and whisk together. Cook for a minute or two until the mixture begins to turn golden brown.
- Slowly whisk the milk into the flour mixture until smooth and well combined. Stir the mixture into the soup in the slow cooker until well combined.
- Add the turkey or chicken to the slow cooker and stir to combine. Cover and cook for 5-10 more minutes until the turkey or chicken is heated through. Serves 8.
For a broth type soup, you can skip making the cream mixture and just and the turkey or chicken.