- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 diced onion
- 4 cloves minced garlic (or 3/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder)
- 1/2 of a (9 oz) pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 to 2 (14 oz) cans artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese plus additional for garnish
- In a stock pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add in onion and saute tender. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Stir in spinach. Sprinkle in salt and pepper.
- Pour the 3 chicken broth into the stock pot followed by the 1 cup whisked with the flour. Add in the artichoke hearts. Heat for 10 minutes.
- Turn heat to LOW. Add heavy cream. and cream cheese. Let it melt slowly. Stir in parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese to serve. Serves 6.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American