- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 lb. ground italian sausage
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 cups water
- 8 oz. uncooked thin spaghetti noodles, broken in half
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Sargento® Blends® Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 2 cups Sargento® fine cut shredded mozzarella cheese
- In an oven safe skillet with a lid, (if you don’t have an oven safe skillet you can broil it in a 9 x 13 inch dish after cooking it in the skillet) melt you butter along with the olive oil. Add onions once the butter has melted and cook until just tender.
- Add the beef, sausage, and garlic to the skillet. Cook until sausage and beef is fully cooked. Drain of any excess grease.
- Then add the tomatoes, sugar, parsley, basil and oregano to the skillet. Stir to combine. Add the water and stir to combine.
- Add the uncooked spaghetti to the skillet. Gently mix it in so it is covered with the sauce mixture.
- Cover and bring to a low boil. Once boiling cook for about 10 minutes until tender stirring every few minutes to prevent the pasta sticking together or to the pan.
- Once noodles are cooked, mix in the heavy cream and parmesan cheese until cheese is melted. If your skillet is not oven safe, then transfer the mixture to a 9 x13 inch dish after the cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top of the mixture and place in the oven on broil for a few minutes until cheese is melted and slightly brown in places. Serves 6-8.