- 4 or 5 slices bacon
- 4 chicken breasts
- salt & pepper
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cans (10 3/4 oz) cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2/3 cup Monterrey jack cheese
- 8 oz spaghetti, fettuccine (what I used) or linguine
- parsley, optional for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon. Place bacon on a paper towel lined pate to drain and set aside. Leave bacon drippings in the pan.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Add butter to the pan and cook chicken breast until brown on both sides. Remove from the pan and place in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook for 1 minute. Then add the mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms and onion are tender.
- Add the soup, chicken broth and cheese. Heat until the cheese is melted.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken in the 9 x 13 dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- While the chicken bakes, cook the pasta.
- Crumble reserved bacon.
- Serve chicken on top of the cooked pasta with sauce and sprinkle with crumbled bacon and parsley if desired..