- 6 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 1/2 cup gingersnap cookie crumbs (takes about 8 oz of cookies)
- 1 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 or so drops of yellow food coloring if desired
- Line a 9 x 9 inch square baking pan with foil or parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the melter butter with the gingersnap crumbs. Pour into the lined 9 x 9 pan and press into an even layer in the bottom of the pan. Place in the refrigerator.
- In a bowl, whip the cream to firm peaks. Then fold in the sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, and food coloring if desired.. It will look runny but just keep folding until smooth.
- Remove crust from the fridge and pour the cream mixture on top. Spread out even and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.