- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
- 1 (14 oz) can turkey or chicken broth
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups cooked and shredded turkey or chicken
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- small handful fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh sage
- 2 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- salt to taste
- 6 prepared cornbread waffles (use your favorite cornbread recipe in a regular waffle iron or try these cornbread waffles or this cornbread waffle minus the cheese)
- 1 1/2 cups warmed prepared cranberry sauce (I recommend homemade)
- In a deep non stick skillet, melt the butter. Once butter is melted sprinkle in the flour and cook for 1 minute until combined.
- Slowly add the evaporated milk followed by the broth while whisking. Cook until bubbly and thickened. Then add the Parmesan cheese and garlic. Whisk together until cheese is melted.
- Add in turkey, pepper, parsley, sage, and thyme. Add in salt to taste and cook until heated through. If sauce becomes thick you can add in some water or addition broth to thin to desired consistency.
- Serve over cornbread waffles along with warmed cranberry sauce. Serves 6.