- 1 lb gemelli or fusilli shaped pasta
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp basil
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp garlic
- 4 Tbsp flour
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterrey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded colby cheese
- Cook past according to package but add the 1 tsp parsley and 1 tsp basil to the water when you add the pasta. Drain pasta reserving 1 cup of the pasta water.
- In a sauce pan, melt the butter and add garlic. Cook it for 1 min. Add in the flour and cook on low heat until lightly browned (1 minute).
- Add in the cheese and cook the sauce till slightly thickened. Add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Add the sauce to the cooked pasta and gently toss to coat. Serve it in a bowl garnish with herbs if desired.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Italian