- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- Snipped fresh dill or dill weed, optional
- In a large pot, add the broth, corn, half-and-half, onion and red pepper and bring to a boil. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, water, salt and pepper until smooth. Then gradually stir into the broth mixture.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in ham.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Garnish servings with dill if desired. Yield: 7 servings.