- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 3/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 (5 oz) can evaporated milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- In a large stock pot, add oil along with carrot, celery and onion. Saute over medium heat until tender. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Add in rice, seasonings and broth. Stir to combine and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until rice is tender, about 15 minutes.
- in a bowl, whisk flour and milktogether until smooth. Stir into soup and bring to a boil. Cook and stir for about 2 minutes until thickened. Stir in chicken and heat through. Makes 4 servings.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American