- 1 (16 oz) twited style pasta uncooked (I used Gemelli)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 6 Tbsp flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 1/3 cups cooked and chopped chicken or turkey
- 2 (10 3/4 oz) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (16 oz) bag frozen peas and carrots or frozen mixed veggies
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Italian cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, add butter to a large pot. Add flour and cook and stir for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Stir in milk and bring to a boil. Cook until thickened.
- Add turkey, soup, sour cream, frozen veggies, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Drain pasta and add to sauce. Stir to combine and then add to a greased 9×13 pan. Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 25 – 30 minutes. Uncovered and cook for an additional 10 – 15 minutes. Serves 6-8.