- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 (28 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 pound Rotini pasta
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- optional – garnish with parmesan cheese
- In a large, deep skillet saute diced onions in the olive oil until they begin to soften. Add in the ground beef to the skillet and cook until fully cooked. Drain excess grease.
- Add in the garlic, basil, oregano, salt, and flour. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly to coat.
- Add in the tomato sauce and broth and stir to combine. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook Rotini according to pasta directions. Drain.
- Add the cream and pasta to the sauce, stirring until combined. Add in the cheddar cheese and stir until melted.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese and serve immediately. Serves 6.