- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 2 cups potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1 inch cubes(I used Yukon Gold potatoes)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups cooked chicken (chunks or shredded)
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup milk (I used 2%)
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese (cut into chunks), softened
- In large pot, add butter and melt. Add in the onion and sauté until tender.
- Add carrots, potatoes, chicken broth, and salt. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add in the chicken and parsley. Stir together and let heat through.
- In separate bowl, whisk the flour and milk together until combined. Pour into the soup. Stir.
- Add the cream cheese into the soup and let it cook for about 5 minutes until the cream cheese is completely melted.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American