- 2–3 ripe bananas (just depends on their size)
- 1–2 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp honey (for added sweetness)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1–2 Tbsp mini chocolate chips
- Slice bananas into 1/2 inch slices and place on a small cookie sheet and freeze for 1 hour.
- Put the frozen banana slices into you food processor and puree until creamy. You can scrape down the sides if needed. Don’t worry, it takes a minute for it to all get creamy but it will happen.
- Add the peanut butter and honey. Puree until mixed in. Then fold in the nuts and chocolate chip and enjoy or place in a container in the freezer until ready to enjoy! Note: I did add my nuts with the peanut butter and honey. My family doesn’t like nuts so I pureed them. This way they get the added nutrition from the nuts but they had no idea it was in there.
Strawberry version – just add 1 cup frozen strawberries for each banana and a little milk if needed.
Nutella version – add 3 -4 Tbsp of Nutella
Banana Peanut Butter – make like the chunky monkey minus the nuts and chocolate chips and add a little more peanut butter
Banana Chocolate Chip – make like the chunky monkey minus the PB and nuts
Banana Maple – add a Tbsp or two of maple syrup
Banana Chocolate – a 2 tsp of cocoa powder
Banana, PB and Chocolate – just make the banana chocolate version and a 2 Tablespoons of PB
Caramel Banana – add a Tbsp or so of caramel syrup