- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
- 3 tablespoons Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup fig preserves (I am going to try orange marmalade instead)
- 1 teaspoon coarse sugar, if desired
- Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, stir cookie mix, flour, melted butter, lemon peel, orange peel, vanilla and egg until soft dough forms.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Using thumb or handle of wooden spoon, make indentation in center of each cookie. Spoon about 1/4 teaspoon preserves into each indentation.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. If desired, sprinkle with coarse sugar. Cool completely. Store tightly covered at room temperature.