- 2 cups purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups well shaken buttermilk
- Mix dry ingredients together in medium bowl.
- Add egg and butter buttermilk to a separate bowl and whisk together.
- Add the wet ingredient to the dry ingredients just until combined. Do not over mix, batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Lightly coat skillet with oil. Heat to medium low (I do one notch below medium).
- Drop 1/2 cup of batter onto heated skillet. Use the back side of a spoon to help even out the batter.
- Cook on first side until bubbles begin to form on surface and underside is golden, about 2 minutes.
- Flip over and cook another 2 minutes until golden brown and center springs back when lightly touched.
- Serve warm with maple syrup and butter. Makes 7 large pancakes.