- 2 (8.5 oz) boxes Jiffy cornbread mix
- 2 eggs
- 4 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups of milk
- 2 (15 oz) cans of your favorite chili (I like Hormel) or about 4 cups leftover homemade chili, heated
- desired toppings – grated cheese, sour cream, diced green onion, diced tomato, salsa, slice olives, salsa, shredded lettuce, etc.
- In a bowl, combine the cornbread mix, eggs, butter, and milk. Be sure not to over mix, mix just until combined.
- Using the batter, cook waffles in your waffle maker according to manufacturers instructions.
- Top each waffle with the heated chili followed with desired toppings. Makes 8-12 waffles depending on the size of your waffle maker. (I got 12)