- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns, split
- Shredded cheddar cheese, relish and chopped onion, optional toppings
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, water, Worcestershire sauce, onion and spices.
- Place hot dogs in a 3-qt. slow cooker; top with beef mixture. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until heated through. Serve on buns with cheese, relish and onion if desired. Yield: 8 servings.