- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets (I used frozen broccoli and thawed it)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, diced
- 5 English muffins, split, toasted until golden and quartered
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar and Monterrey Jack blend
- 8 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 Tbsp honey Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook oil, green onion, garlic, and broccoli. Cook, stirring often, until all vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Add red peppers to the veggies and stir to combine.
- Spray a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange toasted English muffin pieces on bottom of dish with the cut sides up.
- Spoon the reserved vegetable mixture over English muffins, and sprinkle with 2 cups cheese.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, mustard. Season with salt and pepper and pour egg mixture evenly over mixture in baking dish.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Before baking, let strata stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Remove plastic wrap from baking dish and cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil, sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese; bake until golden and just set in center, 20 to 30 minutes longer.
- Let stand on a wire rack for 10 minutes before serving. Serves 8.