- 1 (12 oz roll) pork sausage with sage (I used Jimmy Dean)
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 (9 inch) unbaked frozen pastry shells
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- Cook onion and sausage in a skillet until sausage is fully cooked.
- Drain sausage and mix in cheese.
- Place half of mixture in each frozen pastry shell.
- Combine peppers in a bowl. Sprinkle half on the mixture evenly over each pie.
- Combine eggs and milk together. Pour half of the mixture over each pie.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 55-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Makes 2 pies.