- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 boxes (16.4 oz each) Betty Crocker chocolate chip premium muffin mix
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- Heat oven to 375. Generously grease 12-cup fluted tube cake pan.
- In 2-quart saucepan, cook all filling ingredients over medium-low heat 2 to 3 min, stirring constantly, until smooth. Remove 1/3 cup filling for glaze; set aside. Freeze remaining filling 15 min until thick like pudding.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, stir together all cake ingredients. Spoon half the batter into pan. Remove filling from freezer. Carefully spoon filling in center of batter to within 1/2 inch of pan edges. Spoon remaining batter over filling.
- Bake 50 to 65 min or until top springs back when touched. Cool 15 min. Remove from pan to wire rack. Spoon reserved 1/3 cup filling on cake to glaze. (If too thick, microwave filling on high 10 to 15 seconds). Cool completely, about 1 hour. (in my oven this was done at 50 min.)