- ½ cup chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet)
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar or SPLENDA®
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 cups flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- Place the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and microwave at 15 second intervals, stirring each time, until smooth and melted. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar or SPLENDA® with the butter. Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Add bananas, milk, and lemon juice to the mixture and blend together.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the flour mixture to wet mixture and stir until just combined.
- Remove 1 cup of the banana bread batter and mix in with the melted chocolate. Stir until well combined.
- Grease a large 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan. Spoon chocolate batter alternately with plain batter into an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan. Swirl batters together using a knife. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.