- 1 Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 small package chocolate fudge instant pudding mix
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 cans of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Frosting Starter
- 2 packets of Duncan Hines® Peppermint Stick Frosting Creations™ Flavor Mix
- 1 cup Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tins with 24 cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, add cake mix, sour cream, water, oil, eggs, and pudding mix.
- Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for about two minutes. Use a strong mixer, this batter is thick.
- Pour batter into prepared cupcake liners, dividing batter evenly between the 24 cupcakes. Bake 350 degrees for 20 minutes Don’t over bake or the cake will be too dry! The toothpick test works to check to see if they’re done.
- Allow cupcakes to cool completely.
- Place chocolate chips and whipping cream in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 20 seconds and stir. Then microwave for 10 second intervals, stirring after each interval until mixture is smooth.
- Tip top of cupcakes into the chocolate mixture completely coating the tops with a thin layer.
- Add 1 packet of flavor mix to 1 can of frosting starter. Mix to combine. Repeat with remaining frosting and flavor mix. Place frosting in fridge for a few minutes to firm up the frosting.
- Pipe frosting on to cupcakes.
- Drizzle remaining chocolate mixture over frosted cupcakes.
- Sprinkle each cupcake with some of the Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips. Makes 24 cupcakes.