- 9 Inch Deep Dish Pie Crust, prepared and cooled
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1–1/2 Cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- In a small saucepan, whisk coconut milk, milk and sugar together.
- In a bowl, dissolve cornstarch in the water.
- Place the coconut milk mixture on the stove top and a boil. Then reduce to a simmer and whisk in cornstarch mixture, whisking until thickened.
- Microwave chocolate pieces in a microwave safe bowl on high 30 seconds and stir; repeat and stir to melt completely.
- Pour half the coconut mixture into a bowl. Mix remaining coconut milk mixture with melted chocolate and pour over the bottom of the baked pie crust.
- Layer the remaining coconut mixture over the top. Cool pie at least 1 hour in refrigerator.
- Whip cream with 1/4 cup powdered sugar until still peaks form. Garnish pie with whipped cream. Chill another hour. Serves 6 to 8.