- 1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a small microwave bowl or measuring cup, add the butter and milk. Heat in the microwave for one minute and thirty seconds, or until the butter is melted. Whisk in the vanilla and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs until fluffy. Slowly add the milk mixture while whisking together.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Mix together just until combined (small lumps are ok). Allow to rest for five minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat your waffle iron.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. Add the batter to the hot waffle iron and cook according to your waffle maker’s directions. For my belgian waffle maker it takes 1 cup of batter.
- Top waffles with fruit and whipped cream. Makes 4 servings with 1 cup batter per waffle.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American