- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2¼ cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided, plus more if desired
- CHEESECAKE LAYER:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line an 8 x 8 pan with greased parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together butter and sugars. Stir in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add in the flour, baking soda and salt. Combine just until a soft dough forms and flour mixture is incorporated.
- Press half of dough into the prepared pan in an even layer. Cover with 3/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Prepare the cheesecake batter by beating together the cheesecake ingredients into a large bowl until creamy.
- Pour cheesecake batter over chocolate chips and spread evenly.
- Mix 1/2 cup chocolate chips into remaining cookie dough.
- Drop remaining cookie dough over cheesecake layer until completely covered. Sprinkle on the remaining 1/4 chocolate chips.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until center of cookie is set and golden.
- Allow bars to cool in pan and then refrigerate for at least 3 hours (Overnight is best)
- Slice into bars and then cut bars in half at an angle creating a triangle. Store in the refrigerator.
- Serve cold or room temperature. Makes 18 triangles.