- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup softened butter
- 14 oz bag caramels unwrapped
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 (11.5 oz) bag milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda and salt together. Stir in the softened butter and mix until crumbly.
- Press half of the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan and bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the caramels and milk. Warm over low heat, stirring constantly until caramel is melted and smooth.
- Remove bottom crust from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over the top. Pour the melted caramel evenly over top of the chocolate.
- Crumble the last half of the flour/oats over the caramel. Bake for an additional 15 minutes. Allow to cool completely before cutting into bars. Serves 15.