- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small diced onion, divided
- 1 (15 oz) can Bush’s Chili Beans (I used mild)
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup bbq sauce
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 small hamburger buns
- In a skillet, brown ground beef with half of the diced onion. Cook until beef is fully cooked. Drain off any excess grease.
- Add chili beans along with 1/4 cup bbq sauce to beef mixture. Stir to combine. If needed add additional bbq sauce to reach desired consistency. You want it thick enough to serve on buns.
- Serve mixture on top of buns topped with shredded cheese and the remaining diced onion. Serves 8.