- 2–2 1/2 lbs. beef chuck roast
- 1 (15 oz) can red enchilada sauce
- 3/4 cup apple butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper,optional if you want a little more heat
- tortilla chips
- shredded cheese
- desired toppings such as – diced avocado, diced tomatoes, salsa, sliced olives, diced green onion, chopped cilantro, sour cream, and guacamole
- Pour the enchilada sauce and apple butter into the slow cooker.
- Place the beef roast in the sauce and top with the diced onions, garlic, salt and red pepper.
- Cover and turn the crock-pot on high for 4-5 hours or low for 8-9 hours , until the beef is falling apart.
- Shred beef in the slow cooker and prepare nachos.
- Create a plate or dish of nachos by placing chip on a plate or on a baking sheet and sprinkle with cheese. Microwave plate until cheese is melted or place baking sheet in a preheated 350 degree oven and bake until cheese is melted.
- Top chips with meat mixture from the slow cooker followed by desired toppings. Serves 10.