- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/2 lb chicken breast or thighs, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 1/4 cups water, plus more as needed
- 1 small red bell pepper , sliced
- 2 packets ramen noodles, discard seasoning packet
- 2 1/2 cups coleslaw mix
- chopped green onion for garnish
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp Oyster sauce
- 4 tsp Hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbsp Mirin
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion ad cook for about 1 1/2 minutes until starting to go golden.
- Add chicken and cook just until the outside changes from pink to white. While chicken is cooking mix sauce together. Add in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Mix in the sauce and cook for 1 minute until chicken is caramelized.
- Add red pepper and cook for 1 minute.
- Push chicken and veggies to the side to make enough space for the noodles. Add in water and place noodles in water.
- When the water starts simmering on the edges, leave noodles for 45 seconds then turn.
- Leave for 30 seconds, then untangle the noodles, Toss noodles with the chicken and veggies.
- Add coleslaw, toss for 1 minute until sauce reduces to coat the noodles and the noodles are cooked.
- Garnished with green onions if desired.