- 2 Tbsp butter
- 6 green onions chopped
- 8 oz of fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 2 1/2 cups whipping cream or half and half
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream (I do use light sour cream)
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 1 (12 oz) package of egg noodles, cooked according to package
- salt and pepper
- 3 oz Parmesan cheese (the stuff in the green can just won’t do, ya gotta have the real stuff)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a skillet, saute the mushrooms and green onion in 2 Tbsp. butter and set aside.
- Combine 3/4 cup butter, flour, and whipping cream in a sauce pan. Cook over medium heat. Cook until it starts to thicken then remove from the heat and mix in the sour cream plus salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix sauce with noodles, chicken, and mushrooms/green onion mixture.
- Put half of the noodle mixture into a 9×13 pan and top with half of the Parmesan cheese. Then top with remaining noodle mixture and top with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 300 for 45 minutes. Serves 8.
I have made this and frozen this before with success. Just thaw before baking. I also under cook the noodles slightly.