- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups white long grain rice, uncooked
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets, uncooked
- 2 cups cooked and diced chicken
- 1(10.5 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup Ritz cracker, crushed
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- Add chicken broth, olive oil, and rice to a large pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer. Cover tightly and cook for 6 minutes.
- Place the broccoli on top of the rice and cover. Cook for 9 more minutes. Do not stir. Turn off the heat and leave the cover on. All the rice stand for 10 minutes, do not stir. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Once the rice is ready, add in the the cooked chicken, soup, milk, sour cream, seasonings, and 1 cup of the cheddar cheese.
- Pour into a lightly greased 9 x 13 casserole dish and sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup of cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the melted butter and crackers. When the casserole is done baking, uncover and sprinkle with the cracker crumbs. Bake uncovered for an additional 10 minutes. Allow the casserole sit for 5 minutes prior to serving. Serves 6.